Want to develop an aerial strength and flexibility?
- Aerial Fitness incorporates silks, static trapeze, other fitness equipment, and floor exercises. It is a full body workout using a myriad of apparatuses to create a combination of cardio, strengthening and toning moves. You will build the strength you need to develop or improve your aerial and acrobatic skills.
- Aerial Stretch is an all level class designed to increase your flexibility at your own pace. If you can’t touch your toes or you can already do over splits, this class is still for you.
Ready to try but brand-new to aerial?
- Adult Intro to Aerial (4-week class) is a sampler series that helps students develop strength, flexibility, and coordination while experiencing different apparatus. This class is packed with moves on the silks and trapeze and is designed for you to get a taste of each piece of aerial equipment without having to dedicate yourself to one apparatus. Class will focus on building strength, cross-training, and clean technique in order to progress to a Level 1 class in either silks or trapeze. Suitable for any fitness level, this class provides a broad foundation in the aerial arts.
- All Ages/Family Intro to Aerial (Parent/Child) is a sampler series that helps students of any age to develop strength, flexibility, and coordination while experiencing different apparatus. This class is packed with moves on the silks and trapeze and is designed for you to get a taste of each piece of aerial equipment without having to dedicate yourself to one apparatus. Class will focus on building strength, cross-training, and clean technique in order to progress to a Level 1 class in either silks or trapeze. Suitable for any fitness level, this class provides a broad foundation in the aerial arts.
- Super Simple Sling uses the aerial silk sling (hammock), which is a cousin to silks, but with slings, you are only suspended 4-5 feet off the mat in a loop. This loop allows you to explore aerial movements, learn some simple aerial transitions and strengthen your body without being too high up. In this class, students will learn basic vocabulary, build strength, discover the simply joys of aerial, and learn basic techniques for entrances, exits, sitting, balancing, inverting, and standing in the sling.
Ready to learn Silks or Sling?
- Silks Level 1 is designed for anyone who has completed the 8-week Intro to Aerial series class or who has never even laid hands on an aerial silk (or maybe played on one once or twice). This is a fun, safe and creative class to introduce you into the amazing world of aerial silks. You will work on different climbs, inverts and foundational moves on the silks. This class will also focus on some floor work useful for strengthening and stabilizing the body for play in the air. **Note: Many students take this series 2-3 times before moving to Silks Level 2.
- Silks Level 2 is designed for students who have mastered the skills in the Level 1 Silks class and feel comfortable with climbs, foot locks, and ‘in the air’ straddle ups and hip keys. Classes are designed to build strength, poise, flexibility, stability, and learn the vocabulary required for safe climbs, inverts, wraps and tricks.
- Silks Level 3 builds off the foundations laid in Silks 2, each class is designed to continue learning more complex moves to build strength, poise, flexibility, and stability. This class will focus on transitions while continuing with difficult moves and drops. Students will also begin to create and understand silks theory. Students should be able to invert easily in the air and be able to stay up on the silks for at least 5 minutes.
- Silks Level 4 will help the seasoned aerialist emphasize stage presence and individual style; learn choreography, sequencing, transitions and more complex aerial tricks to create an artistic and entertaining act; coordinate music with choreography, and safely apply your skills to every move. Students focus on form, style, and quality of movement while continuing to learn new and more complex moves. Students should be able to invert easily in the air, feel comfortable with major drops and climbs, and be able to stay up in the silks for 5-10 minutes. Usually this class is for students with 5+ years of experience with silks.
- Sling Level 2 is designed for students who feel comfortable with sequences in either Silks or Sling, levels 1 and beyond. In Sling 2, we will take your newly acquired skills to new heights. Typical classes will focus on clean inversions, upper body strengthening exercises, adventurous tricks and introductions into new pathways and sequences. Suited for students who demonstrate the following:
- Ability to invert & pull over into the sling no instruction.
- Ability to do a straight or bent arm hang in for 10 seconds.
- Comfort being in the air for 1-2 minutes at a time.
- Have a few fun tricks and poses under your belt.
- Sling Level 3 explores more advanced tricks, dynamic movement, challenging transitions and lengthier sequences, designed to increase your stamina and endurance. Most of class will be spent with feet in the air, challenging yourself to find new pathways and find ways to stack familiar sequences. This class is made for Sling fanatics! Suited for students who are:
- Working towards mastering inversions in the air.
- Comfortable with stacked drops in sling and/or silks.
- Comfortably be in the air for 2-3 minutes at a time.
- Able to demonstrate a mastery of Sling 2 skills.
Ready to learn Lyra?
- Lyra Level 1 teaches students basic mounts, shapes, balances and spins. The lyra is like a playground of possibility and movement…it swings and spins and circles while you move from pose to pose in, on, under and above it. We recommend that students have completed Trapeze or Silks Level 1 (or 2) before registering for Lyra. Otherwise, instructor approval is required.
- Lyra Level 2 teaches more complex moves on, under or above the lyra. Perfect your spins, moves and transitions while increasing your strength, flexibility and body awareness on the lyra. Students must have completed Level 1 Lyra or have instructor approval.
Ready to learn Trapeze?
- Trapeze Level 1 teaches students fundamental technique and basic trapeze moves in a safe and supportive environment. We designed this class to introduce students to movement vocabulary, develop core strength and flexibility, as well as some light partner work and concepts. Students are encouraged to take advantage of the open studios to practice and reinforce learning.
- Trapeze Level 2 will build on the vocabulary and moves from Level 1, while continuing to build strength, flexibility and proper aerial alignment while starting to sequence and transition moves. Students will learn how to get more creative with their pathways and will do some occasional partnering. Dance and static trapeze will be used. Students must have complete Level 1 Trapeze or have prior instructor approval.
- Trapeze Level 3 builds on the foundations offered in Trapeze 1 and 2 with more complex moves and sequencing, inversions in the ropes, and continues to create sequence pieces. Students will continue to develop their strength, flexibility and proper aerial alignment on dance trapeze as well as some static work for beats and momentum moves. Students must have completed Level 2 Trapeze or have instructor approval.
- Trapeze Level 4 will help the seasoned aerialist emphasize stage presence and individual style; learn choreography, sequencing, transitions and more complex aerial tricks to create an artistic and entertaining act; coordinate music with choreography, and safely apply your skills to every move. Students focus on form, style, and quality of movement while continuing to learn new and more complex moves. Students should be able to invert easily in the air, feel comfortable with major trapeze moves, and be able to stay on the trapeze for 5-10 minutes. Usually this class is for students with 5+ years of experience with trapeze.
Want to practice what you learned in class?
- Open Studio is an instructor supervised free-from practice sessions where students can review and perfect the skills that they are learning in their aerial class. We stress the importance of practicing learned skills and not skills seen on social media or shared by peers. Open studio time is included in the technical class packages or can be purchased individually.
Ready to take your skills to the next level?
- Aerial Choreography invites students to become better artists; better creators of their own aerial choreography. A different instructor each month, often the apparatus will be the student’s choice though occasionally it may be a specialty of the instructor! The class will focus on smoothing out moves, presentation, transitions, finding resting points, unique moves, and finding your own style. Instructors will use creativity exercises in order for the student to become more confident at creating, whether they come to the class with a bit of choreography they want to improve, or they want to start with a blank slate. Ultimately choreography wants to tell a story to the audience and how you tell your story is what differentiates a true aerial artist vs someone who “just does tricks”.
- Community Class- ‘Where the Heart Is’ is a class for aerialists at any level to learn how to connect and truly express themselves through aerial movement. Kathleen will be working with who you are as individuals to really pull out and harness your inner selves, and give you pathways to continue to develop your connection with your apparatus. This class will also focus on how to channel that and really connect with your audience through controlled streams of movement from the heart.
- Community Class-Turning Pro is a mixed level class aimed to help you achieve your professional goals. We will be heavily focusing on learning how to safely modify movements to highlight your best work, as well as understanding theory and physics (beginners don’t fear- there’s a special beginner fabrics theory curriculum for you). We will be spanning situations you might encounter in the professional aerial industry (like getting sticky spray stuck in the beginning of the routine and having to gracefully untangle yourself with a million eyes on ya. Totally happened). This class will also be highly individualized, and a questionnaire beforehand is highly recommended.