AERIAL SUMMER CAMP 2022
HALF AND FULL DAY OPTIONS AVAILABLE
(Rising 4th- Rising 9th grades)
June 6-10: Half Day | Full Day
June 13-17: Half Day | Full Day – SOLD OUT
June 20-24: Half Day | Full Day
June 27-July 1: Half Day | Full Day
July 11-15: Half Day | Full Day
July 18-22: Half Day | Full Day
July 25-29: Half Day | Full Day
If you don’t already have an account, please click on the Create Account button to begin the registration process. Once you have created an account, you can select the camp you wish your child to attend.
Challenge Aerial hosts Summer Aerial Camps for Rising 4th graders- Rising 9th Graders. For five (5) days, our trained instructors will teach your basic moves and sequencing on aerial silks, dance trapeze, lyra, sling and rope, while also helping childen increase their flexibility, strength and balance.
Half-day camps: At Challenge Aerial’s aerial technique camps, your child not only has fun while learning aerial arts in a safe environment but will also:
- Build confidence to express themselves artistically
- Gain a love of physical activity
- Develop strength and flexibility
- Learn principles of physics and math that are essential to aerial (yes, really!)
- Challenge themselves intellectually and artistically
Campers will prepare an end of camp performance on the apparatus of their choice. Details on what children should bring & wear will be sent to registered campers closer to the start of camp.
Half-day Aerial Camp Cost and Registration- $300/student/week.
Full-day camps: In partnership with the Arts Beacon and Atlanta Toolbank, Challenge Aerial will be offering full-day camps all summer. Parents looking for full-day camps can choose from the following:
- Aerial & Maker/Builder camp. Following a morning of aerial silks, sling, trapeze, lyra and rope lessons (see half-day camp for description), campers will spend their afternoons with staff members from the Atlanta Toolbank learning to safely use hand tools including hammer, screwdriver, sanding black and manual miter saw to build items such as toolboxes, tic-tac-toe boards, balance boards, art display boards and more. Each piece can be personalized by the student. Closed toes shoes must be worn for this part of the camp. Please note, clothes may get dirty/gritty- so don’t wear nice new clothes!
- Aerial and Arts & Crafts camp. Following a morning of aerial silks, sling, trapeze, lyra and rope lessons (see half-day camp for description), campers will spend their afternoons with staff from the Arts Beacon exploring their artistic/creatives selves by creating works with a variety of mediums: paint, fabric, paper, clay, found objects and more. Art options include creating props and costumes to enhance the students end of week performances. Closed toes shoes must be worn for this part of the camp. Please note, clothes may get dirty/gritty, so don’t wear nice new clothes.
Full-Day Camp Cost and Registration– $475/student/week.