Note to Parents/Caretakers: We know how exciting it is for you to see your child demonstrating his or her skills on the silks or trapeze, and you are welcome to stay and watch your child’s class. But please understand that safety is our priority, and if you distract your (or any child) by entering the teaching space or calling out or taking pictures, it is not only distracting but dangerous.
Ready to try aerial?
- Tween Aerial (Grades 5-7) is a class designed to build strength, poise, flexibility, stability, and creativity by teaching students aerial skills on both silks and trapeze. This class offers an overview of aerial performance arts for the beginning or intermediate student. Learn vocabulary, improvisational techniques, and sequencing. Build core and upper body strength, confidence, and grace as you learn to fly! Apparatus will vary from week to week depending on the interests and skill levels of the students. Student showcases are generally held in May.
- Teen Aerial Level 1 (Grades 8-12) is designed to build strength, poise, flexibility, stability, and creativity by teaching students aerial skills on both silks and trapeze. This class is for the beginning or intermediate student. Students will safely learn aerial performance moves, improvisational techniques, and sequencing on trapeze and silks. Build core and upper body strength, confidence, and grace as you learn to fly! Apparatus will vary from week to week depending on the interests and skill levels of the students. Students will be grouped according to experience levels. Student Showcases are generally held in May.
- Teen Aerial Level 2 (Grades 8-12) is designed for students who have been taking aerial for a while (usually 3+ years), have body awareness and a clear understanding of aerial physics, have mastered the basic techniques taught in Level 1 and who have the strength and stamina to remain in the air for 5 minutes. Students coming from other studios need to task into this class. Students in Level 2 will be able to focus on a particular apparatus (silks, trapeze, lyra) to hone their skill or prepare for a performance. Performances occur throughout the year depending on the student performance plans. Student Showcases are generally held in May, but Level 2 students may also opt to perform in the Adult Showcase.
Want to develop aerial strength and flexibility?
- Aerial Fitness (all ages) incorporates silks, static trapeze, other fitness equipment, and floor exercises. It is a full body workout using a myriad of apparatuses to create a combination of cardiovascular, strengthening/toning and flexibility enhancing moves. You will build the strength you need to develop or improve your aerial and acrobatic skills.
Want to practice what you learned in class?
- Open Studio is an instructor supervised free-from practice sessions where students can review and perfect the skills that they are learning in their aerial class. We stress the importance of practicing learned skills and not skills seen on social media or shared by peers. Open studio time is included in the teen technical classes. Depending on the class package, tweens and teens can access at least one open studio each week to practice what they learn.